Head of Insight
- Job Reference: INS001
- Date Posted: 10 November 2020
- Recruiter: We Do Data
- Location: London
- Salary: £70,000 to £80,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Owen O'Neill
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 302 7500
My client are a fast growing Fintech in London within the FX space.
They are looking to bring in an experienced Head of Insight to join their London Team to head up expansion into new markets and demographics.
Their core business is 20 years old and very well established, but they are launching new products into new markets which has led to the creation of this position
This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership and expertise in the planning and delivery of marketing intelligence, data management and data strategies aligned to this.
Working closely with others - predominately the acquisitions and retention team but also heads of department and business colleagues -you'll identify opportunities to optimise the use of data and information to meet strategic needs for the commercial team.
As a senior team member, you’ll be expected to work in collaboration with other senior members of the marketing and commercial teams to help make step changes that drive the company forward.
This is a new role within the company. The incoming head will have the opportunity to shape this marketing and data function and build their own team.
Technical requirements :
· Knowledge of basic applied statistics
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Working knowledge of how to clean/manipulate large datasets using R, Python or similar
· Experience working with the Google 360 stack of marketing and analytics products: Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, BigQuery, Data Studio etc.
· Ability to present and articulate findings in a concise and consumable manner
· Experience in working with £multi-million P&Ls and marketing budgets.
· Experience in managing agencies and offshore teams.
· Ability to collaborate with the Global, local teams ensuring that there is consistency, delivery and quality across the regions.
· Strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with clients and internal stakeholders.
You'll have demonstrable experience of using statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand business performance impacts. You'll also be adept at building and providing business insight through KPIs and reporting. Previous experience of cloud hosted data/integration architectures on one of the following platforms; Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Amazon AWS.